Most abused prescription drugs come from family and friends. You could be a drug dealer and not even know it!
In 2010, almost 3,000 young adults died from prescription drug overdoses - more than died from overdoses of any other drug, including heroin and cocaine combined.
Five Steps to Safety
- Take inventory of your prescription and over-the counter medicine.
- Secure your medicine cabinet.
- Safely dispose of your unused, unwanted, and expired medicine.
- Take your medicine exactly as prescribed.
- Talk to your children about the dangers of prescription drug abuse..they are listening!