The Parent Connection Newsletters:
DPYC Parent Newsletter May 2012
Sites with information and helpful tips for parents:
December 2011 ERASE Newsletter
East of the River Action for Substance Abuse Elimination
- A Better High - How Eating, Laughing and Other Stuff Can Get You High Naturally, Everyday by Matt Bellace, Ph.D
- Teen-Proofing - Fostering Responsible Decision Making in Your Teenager by John Rosemond
- Get Out of My Life, But First Could You Drive Me & Cheryl to the Mall: A Parent's Guide to the New Teenager by Anthony E. Wolf, Ph.D
- From Binge to Blackout - A Mother and Son Struggle with Teen Drinking by Chris Volkmann and Toren Volkmann
- How to Say NO and Keep Your Friends - Peer Pressure Reversal for Teens and Preteens by Sharon Scott
- Just Say Know:Talking With Kids About Drugs and Alcohol by Cynthia Kuhn, Ph.D, Scott Swartzwelder, Ph.D, and Wilkie Wilson, ,Ph.D
- Talking to Tweens: Getting It Right BEFORE It Gets Rocky with your 8 to 12 Year-Old by Elizabeth Hartley-Brewer
- 50 Rules Kids Won't Learn in School: Real World Antidotes to Feel-Good Education by Charles J. Sykes
- Queen Bees & Wannabes by Rosalind Wiseman: Helping your daughter survive cliques, gossip, boyfriends and other realities of adolesence.
Forty three percent of Ellington High School students rode in a vehicle when a driver was intoxicated by alcohol.
Click on image to learn about